I was out there four hours cursing lights, twist-tying bows and greens with numbed fingers and hating the holidays in general. Even now as twinkle lights glow on our home, I'm disgusted with my lack of foresight. Like I didn't know it would get cold. Surprise. Surprise. Surprise. Well, they're staying up until the January thaw. That's all I'm saying.
December 3, 2005
Timing is everything
You know last weekend in my pocket of these United States, it was 65° and sunny. So what perversity led me to ignore the gorgeous weather that blessed us and wait until the temperature dropped to 20° with 4" of snow on the ground before I decided to decorate for Christmas? 
I was out there four hours cursing lights, twist-tying bows and greens with numbed fingers and hating the holidays in general. Even now as twinkle lights glow on our home, I'm disgusted with my lack of foresight. Like I didn't know it would get cold. Surprise. Surprise. Surprise. Well, they're staying up until the January thaw. That's all I'm saying.
I was out there four hours cursing lights, twist-tying bows and greens with numbed fingers and hating the holidays in general. Even now as twinkle lights glow on our home, I'm disgusted with my lack of foresight. Like I didn't know it would get cold. Surprise. Surprise. Surprise. Well, they're staying up until the January thaw. That's all I'm saying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment