November 16, 2006

You can find anything online

It's true. Have you ever done a wiki search and just kept clicking little blue words?
So I'm reading (big surprise there) and I come across the phrase "blowing smoke up my ass." We've heard it before. It's not a hugely popular thing to say, but not unfamiliar. But it got me curious enough to pop online.
I tried phrase origins (a couple of sites) with no luck before turning to our old pal wikipedia. After plodding through the first two "suggested" returns on my search, I found clyster. ("Tobacco smoke clysters were administered to fainting women, hence the term 'to blow smoke up her ass.'") Which then led to enema (the 20th century term for clyster). Which then led to klismaphilia. Which struck me as so odd that I googled it. Which leads me to the point of this post: there is a website out there called enemas4fun.com.
True. Wow.

No comments: