November 20, 2007

Experience?

Democrat Barack Obama said Monday his childhood experience in Asia and his family in Kenya give him a greater foreign policy understanding... . "I spent four years living overseas when I was a child living in Southeast Asia," said Obama, who was born in Hawaii and spent four years in Indonesia. "My father is from Kenya. That's where I got my name. He's passed away now, but I still have family."


Isn't it a bit disingenuous of him to suggest that an aunt in Kenya and an infancy in Indonesia give him greater foreign policy understanding? My mother was raised in a different country and her entire family (all 5 of her sisters and brothers with their spouses and children) still live there, but I wouldn't want her treating with Ahmadinejad or even Sarkozy. God help us all.

Then again, it can't get much worse, can it?

No comments: