December 27, 2010

Friday Monday Book Blogging

Sorry about not giving you a Friday book blog pick for the week, but, you know it was Christmas, right?
Things are kinda getting back to normal here. I did read some books last week in between baking and visiting and wrapping presents and last-minute shopping and pigging out. I stuck with mostly old favorites this week: authors I know I love. The top honors have to go to Charles Todd for An Impartial Witness.
Although Nicola Upson does wonderful work fleshing out her characters in her second Josephine Tey mystery, and Elizabeth Peters can't write a bad novel, Todd really delivers with the second Bess Crawford story, even though I guessed the bad guy. The Todd writing team really have a gift for capturing WWI England. Between Todd and Jacqueline Winspear, WWI has a great showing in current mystery fiction.

No comments: