March 25, 2013

Pin it down

I have never had an interest to 'pin' and frankly, between this not-very-time-consuming blog and "catching up" on Facebook, I'm already spending too much time staring at a computer screen. Especially after a full day at work staring at a computer screen. So I haven't jumped on the Pintrest bandwagon, I've stayed out of my daughter's Tumblr, and I have no desire to tweet anything to the world.
But, as you may know, I read. And one of my favorite authors is Laurie R. King, especially her Mary Russell Holmes novels. I follow the author on Facebook where she posted about a fan/friend who had created Pins (pinups?) -whatever you create on Pintrest- for Ms. King's books. So I clicked along and I see the appeal of this site now. She has made mini-virtual-scrapbooks for each one of the novels pulling stock photos of settings, clothing, accessories, even moody atmospheric pics. These vignettes are all vintage since the novels are set in the 1910s thru 1920s and they set the tone of the books perfectly.
The books themselves are a treat, and these visuals are a bonus delight.

No comments: