September 3, 2013

Disconnect

I've come to the conclusion that there is too much electronic communication. From websites to "news" sites, to blogs and Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pintrest....
Really, this represents the old saying "too much of a good thing." The amount of information, --all kinds of information-- floating in the ether is overwhelming. And the World Wide Web is living up to its name by linking all of it together. I can Tweet my blog post and have Facebook post my Tweets. Do you like this? Then Pin It! It's so simple to get tangled up in a never-ending drive to keep in touch electronically.
And yet, it is still the simple exchange of words, face-to-face with the Punkinhead, that ended my long weekend which sticks in my head.

(That and the great food and the fact that I read three books. None of which would have been possible if I hadn't deliberately turned off the computer after my allotted two hours were up.)

Also, if you are going to take my advice and disconnect for a while, don't forget to read my blog first. Daily.

No comments: