- 1519 – Cosimo I de' Medici, Grand Duke of Tuscany (d. 1574) -the original Medici, accept no substitutes
- 1806 – John A. Roebling, German-American engineer, designed the Brooklyn Bridge (d. 1869) -I always hear his name in John McCullough's voice. Thanks, PBS.
- 1899 – Weegee, Ukrainian-American photographer (d. 1968) -"themes of nudists, circus performers, freaks and street people" aka New Yorkers
- 1924 – George H. W. Bush, American lieutenant and politician, 41st President of the United States -of "read my lips" fame
- 1941 – Marv Albert, American sportscaster -and rapist
- 1953 – Timothy Duke, British heraldic, Chester Herald of Arms in Ordinary -walking anachronism
- 1965 – Vicky Vette, Norwegian-American porn actress and model -do you think that's her real name?
- 1974 – Kerry Kittles, American basketball player -NOT a porn actress. huh.
June 12, 2014
Today is the birthday of a lovely woman, who for some unknowable reason, decided to marry my brother. It is also the birthday of