September 10, 2014

Get involved

I sent this letter to my Senators today. You should send one too.
Vote “yes” on Senate Joint Resolution 19.
There is nothing more corrosive to our democracy than corporate money purchasing influence. Please remember that you represent me and my neighbors and family. My voice should not be drowned out by the selfish interests of multinational corporations which is exactly what happens when their money buys so much speech at such volume that our government is no longer of the people or for the people. Overturn "Citizens United."
Thank you.
Tomorrow the Senate will vote on an Amendment that will nullify the Supreme Court's "Citizens United" ruling which basically changed our country from a representative democracy to an oligarchy. Follow this link to let your Senators know that you want unlimited corporate money OUT of our elections.

No comments: