September 23, 2015

WWJD

I'm not a fan of religion. I will not try to talk you out of your personal beliefs, but I will fight your imposition of those beliefs on others. For this reason, I've never been a big fan of the Catholic Church which thinks that because they believe that Catholic women should be baby machines, every woman should be denied birth control and safe, legal abortions.
I give them credit for avoiding the hypocrisy of the Religious Right protestants (who used to be called Evangelicals) in that Catholics do not support killing any human being, while the Christian Conservatives have no problem killing adults who they feel "deserve" it.
But, I do have to say, aside from women's issues, I really like this new Pope. He seems to be trying to drag the Catholic Church back into the time when it was the catholic church and represented Jesus's teachings.
Rejecting a dinner invitation from Congress to dine with the homeless, is so Matthew 25:30-40.

No comments: