May 19, 2011

Going once, going twice...

Tonight the 44th annual WVIZ Televised Auction begins. It will run through Sunday night.
Back when I had TV this was one of the "must see" events of the year. Highlights included local goofy personalities, the kooky Art ladies, the crazy wine guys and, my personal favorite, Ralph and Terry Kovel doing the antiques. Their banter was priceless. Ralph died in 2008 so the crotchety old man portion of the antiques duo is missing. I'm sure Terry will be fine, just not inadvertently hilarious.
For anyone interested, the website offers online bidding so even out-of-towners and people who never got a digital teevee can get in on the action.

BTW, I don't know if you noticed that, but 44th annual!! For 44 years our local PBS station has been raising funds this way. A fun weekend and a great cause.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss seeing Ralph and Terry Also!

LSH