July 8, 2013

Back to work

Sorry I took a bit of a vacation on Friday. Honestly, I haven't been reading much on this vacation. There was a lot of flitting about. Walks, museums, restaurants. All places that aren't really book-appropriate. Depending on how the week in St. Louis goes, I may not have any books to talk about next Friday either.

And while normally on Monday, I'd spend a little space talking about the garden, unless you have banks of hydrangea, we are kind of in a lull. I have two hydrangea, coneflowers, a few hosta are blooming (but they are really more about the foliage), and there are (of course) still roses, and daylillies. I suppose that sounds like a lot, but when you see the garden now, you see more green than bloom. And it's entering into its overgrown phase. The globe thistle (which is full of buds) is --without exaggerating-- about 4 feet across and close to 5 feet tall (if it weren't for the fact that it has decided to lean on itself). One plant. I want to start a HOLY CRAP! THEY'RE OUT OF CONTROL garden area. I'll have to partition it off and take a scythe to the seed heads every fall. I could put the grape ferns, the Chinese lantern, the goldenrod, the globe thistle, the coneflower, the daylillies,... Oh, who am I kidding? It's the whole damn garden that's out of control.

Instead, I would like all my Ohio readers to send a quick email to our Governor to let him know that the massive restrictions and regulations on female health he signed into law last week as part of a "budget" (because nothing says "fiscal responsibility" like mandatory unnecessary medical procedures and forcing doctors to lie to their patients) will cost him his job. Please.

No comments: