September 26, 2013

Finicky

Longtime readers (ha!) may remember me posting about the stray cat we have (kind of) adopted, in that we provide him with a small handful of food twice a day and a garage to bed down in during the winter.
Nacho is thriving, for those of you who are concerned. But apparently he's also picky. We have purchased a new (cheaper) cat food and yesterday morning's portion was mostly unfinished when I returned from work. I added a bit more for dinner in the hopes that I could impress upon him that THIS was what's for dinner, like it or lump it.
At 11:00 p.m. the choice was removed when an enterprising young raccoon decided there was nothing at all wrong with cheap cat food. In fact, it tasted great to him!
Now I have to make sure the food is gone before evening or who knows what kind of strays we'll end up adopting.

No comments: