October 2, 2013

I think I'll just sit here

I've used this exact quote before, but it bears repeating. Make note of the GOP Reps. who think it's a grand thing to shut down the government. Remind them next November that they were elected to govern, not to sabotage the largest, richest, most powerful government on the planet.
Freedom isn't free. It shouldn't be a bragging point that 'Oh, I don't get involved in politics,' as if that makes someone cleaner. No, that makes you derelict of duty in a republic. Liars and panderers in government would have a much harder time of it if so many people didn't insist on their right to remain ignorant and blindly agreeable.  ~Bill Maher.

Now that that is taken care of, I'm fascinated by the word sessile, which is defined as "adhering close to the surface." Something (like barnacles) that is sessile never moves. "Sessile animals are usually permanently attached to a solid substrate of some kind." Some day I'll get up out of this chair and learn more about barnacles. Or perhaps Congress could with their extra free time.

No comments: