January 2, 2014

A sip of bubbly

It's been a while since I posted anything political, mostly because I haven't felt riled enough to do so. Don't get me wrong; there is plenty that is going on that pisses me off. But it doesn't seem immediate. I've lost the sense of urgency.
Perhaps my resolution for the new year should be to recapture that.
Until I accomplish that, we will have to settle for a virtual visit to Champagne. After all, most of us probably had some recently.
"Champagne  is a sparkling wine produced from grapes grown in the Champagne region of France following rules that demand secondary fermentation of the wine in the bottle to create carbonation. Some use the term champagne as a generic term for sparkling wine, but many countries reserve the term exclusively for sparkling wines that come from Champagne and are produced under the rules of the appellation."

No comments: