- 1812 – Robert Browning, Verse-Making Was Least of his Virtues
- 1833 – Johannes Brahms, famous composer
- 1840 – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, more famous composer
- 1892 – Archibald MacLeish, Circus poet
- 1919 – Eva Perón, don't cry for her
- 1937 – Birgit, claims to have mothered the author of this blog
- 1955 – Axel Zwingenberger, this has to be a made-up name
- 1957 – Hercules, I had no idea he was born in 1957
- 1975 – Nicole Sheridan, American porn actress: doesn't it seem to you Wikipedia is a little too up-to-date with porn star birthdays?
- Also notable on this day in 1992 – Michigan ratifies a 203-year-old proposed amendment to the United States Constitution making the 27th Amendment law. This amendment bars the U.S. Congress from giving itself a mid-term pay raise.
May 7, 2015
Celebrating a birthday today: