November 26, 2007

Nothing leftover

Thanksgiving always wreaks havoc with our library schedule. Library night is Thursday. Naturally, the library is closed on Thanksgiving (a Thursday) so the logical thing is to have a temporary Friday library day. BUT, I'm constitutionally unable to leave my home on Black Friday. It's a kind of non-violent protest. Ghandi-esque, even.
At any rate, the Friday after Thanksgiving is out as a substitute. Since the library closes at noon on Saturday, that is not an option either (as any of you with teen-aged females in the home will confirm).
That takes us to Monday. The problem being that I have now managed to read enough books during the extended holiday weekend, that I'm desperate for new stuff. I really should have planned ahead for this since it happens every year.

1 comment:

Jim Donahue said...

Here, download a free out-of-print book to your computer.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page