April 28, 2014

All hands on deck

Saturday morning, LSH says to me, "I'm going to run up to the Home Depot and see about renting a power washer." In his defense, this did not come completely out of the blue. We are having the house painted and will save a bit of money if we power wash it ourselves. This led to a discussion on the sorry state of our decks (front and back). I suggested that he try the local Ace which is closer and also rents equipment. He thanked me and was on his way.
**I imagine you know where this is going.**
An hour later, he returned. And, as you may have guessed, we are now the proud owners of a power washer.
The power washer strikes me a as a singularly American machine, but it turns out that a German company came up with it. Still, the concept of spraying pressurized water at a surface to clean it is, without a doubt, male. It is messy and noisy and expensive, but a helluva lot less work than scrubbing with a stiff-bristle brush and mild detergent. And in the end, I can't argue with its efficacy. He did the back deck on Sunday and it is gorgeous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So when you sit out there to read everything will match!

LSH